Yes, the title is correct…Puppy Chow Cookies. Excuse me what?!! If puppy chow isn’t the most highly addictive snack around, meet it’s arch nemesis, the COOKIE!!
I came across this recipe on [Pinterest](http://cookiesandcups.com/puppy-chow-cookies/?crlt.pid=camp.xZ9WVWh6ZZuc), however, I needed a way to make this gluten and dairy free without sacrificing the flavor. I think I did just that!
Here’s my altered recipe:
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance All Natural Spread (sticks), room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla (gluten free)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour (Glutin All Purpose Flour)
- 1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (dairy free)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance All Natural Spread (sticks)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
How to make…
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and peanut butter together until smooth. Add both sugars and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add in egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour.
- Portion out dough by in tablespoon amounts. Roll into a ball and then flatten to approximately 1/2 inch thick. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until golden at he edges.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Heat on high for 1 minute and then stir until smooth.
- Place powdered sugar in bowl.
- Dip each cookie in chocolate and using a fork remove cookie, tapping off excess chocolate. You don’t need a lot of chocolate coating on the cookies.
- Immediately dip the cookie into the powdered sugar and toss to coat completely.
- Place back on cooling rack to until chocolate is set. Repeat for all cookies.